HEALTH INDICATORS, reports & fact sheets
CORE PUBLIC HEALTH INDICATORS REPORT
The Kitsap County Core Public Health Indicators Report provides an overview of the demographics and health of Kitsap County residents and surroundings. The indicators are derived from sound, reliable data and can be used to help focus resources, encourage new and existing partnerships, and support the work necessary to make Kitsap County a healthy and safe place to live, learn, work, and play.
KITSAP COMMUNITY HEALTH PRIORITIES
Kitsap Community Health Priorities (KCHP) is a collaboration led by the Kitsap Public Health District, Harrison Medical Center, United Way, Kitsap Community Foundation, and Kitsap County Human Services Department whose goal is to identify and track progress on community health and well-being priorities for Kitsap County. Every 3-5 years KCHP conducts a comprehensive health assessment that includes over 200 indicators of health and well-being. You can review KCHP data and follow progress on the priorities at http://kitsapchp.com.
REPORTS & FACT SHEETS
- Kitsap Respiratory Illness Report (Updated weekly)
- 2016 Health Youth Survey, Selected Substance Use Results for Kitsap County (Published March 2016)
- Cancer in Kitsap County Fact Sheet (Published November 2016)
- Cancer Incidence and Mortality in Kitsap County (Published November 2016)
- Kitsap County Cancer Incidence Presentation (Published November 2016)
- Aspects of Homelessness in Kitsap County (Updated August 2016)
- 2016 Update to the 2014 KICC Community Assessment - (Published April 2016)
- A Kitsap County Health Impact Assessment: Banner Road Shoulders (Published March 2016)
- Behavioral Health Factsheet (Published November 2015)
- Adverse Childhood Experiences among Kitsap Adults (Published November 2013)
- Chronic Disease Fact Sheet (Published November 2016)
- The Uninsured in Kitsap County: Framing the Affordable Care Act Health Insurance Opportunity (Published August 2013)
- Firearm Injuries and Deaths in Kitsap County (Published April 2013)
OTHER DATA SOURCES
- Washington State Healthy Youth Survey (HYS): HYS is a collaborative effort of the Office of the Superintendent of Public Instruction, the Department of Health, the Department of Social and Health Services Division of Behavioral Health and Recovery, and the Liquor Control Board. HYS provides information about the health and health behaviors of youth in grades 6, 8, 10 and 12 in Washington to guide policy and programs that serve youth.
- Behavioral Risk Factor Surveillance System (BRFSS): BRFSS is the largest, continuously conducted, telephone health survey in the world. It enables the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC), state and local health departments, and other health agencies to monitor the health and health behaviors of adults to guide policy and programs.
- U.S. Census, American Community Survey (ACS): The ACS is a mandatory, ongoing statistical survey that samples a small percentage of the population every year to gather information about population characteristics, housing, and economics among other topics.
- County Health Rankings & Roadmaps: The Rankings are produced every year by the Robert Wood Johnson Foundation and the University of Wisconsin Population Health Institute. The Rankings measure the health of nearly all counties in the nation and rank them within states. Learn how the Rankings and Kitsap Core Public Health Indicators differ: About the County Health Rankings and the Kitsap Core Indicators.